Sunday, March 28, 2021

Project 6: Proposal

First Proposal: 

Topic 1Cooking/baking 

ProposalThis is my first choice topic for the proposal photo essay. My goal is to show the steps and effort involved when cooking. For this topic, I will be photography my mother who is always cooking and loves to discover and create new recipes. People who don't usually like to cook or bake as a hobby don't always see the craft there is behind putting it all together. I want to try to communicate the passion, time, effort, and art that cooking or baking takes that not everyone possesses, while also showing the hard work that pays off in the end. 

Shot List Ideas

            1. Driving to the store

            2. Picking out the ingredients, or buying them

            3. Unpacking ingredients

            4. Reading Recipes

            5. Washing hands

            6. Preparing food

            7. Seasoning, adding toppings

            8. Eating

       Sample Photos





Second Proposal: 

Topic 1: Hiking

ProposalThis is my second choice for the proposal. Although it is a little weather-dependent, I go hiking and on walks a lot especially since it's getting warmer out now. There will be plenty of opportunities that I will have to take photos of the journey. My goal is to show the adventure of exploring new trails and paths while also showing the preparation for the journey ahead. This topic would include taking images that show discovery, like finding a pond, trails, or animals, while also showing the steps it takes to get there, like driving or packing items. I will be able to photograph one of my friends because I go with them frequently. 

Shot List Ideas

            1. Putting hiking shoes on or packing a bag

            2. Driving to the hiking location (park, nature center, etc.)

            3. Suiting up (bag, shoes, water, mask, etc.)

            4. Walking on a trail

            5. Leaping over logs, water, or obstructions along the way

            6. Arriving at a location/discovery 

            7. Resting or eating for a picnic 

            8. Walking back, maybe stopping at different sikes such as lakes, rivers, or bridges along                             the way 

            9. Getting back to the car, drive home

            10. Arriving home



       Sample Photos










No comments:

Post a Comment